Position: WHSEQ Coordinator
Location: West Gippsland, Victoria
- Fixed Term 12 month contract - Full time
- Attending sites in Nyora & Lang Lang
- Vehicle & Local Accommodation Provided (if required)
- Start Date ASAP
- $80k - $90k + Super (Depending on experience)
Our Client is seeking a Work, Health, Safety & Environment Coordinator to join their team at a quarry project for an immediate start, approximately 45 minutes from the fringe of the South Eastern suburbs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Reporting to the Systems Manager and Project Manager you will be responsible for the coordination of Health & Safety, Environmental controls, and continual improvement at the project site.
- Ensuring all WHSEQ systems are adequately developed, maintained and continuously improved in line with ISO Standard and the Company's certifications
- Ensure that all key HSEQ systems are being used as required and ensure ongoing compliance in areas such as; incident reporting, investigation, audits and inspections, corrective actions, non-compliance management, improvement reporting
- Proactively audit the project in line with management system requirements
- Complete contractor management system audits as required
- Manage and conduct incident investigations and generate recommendations for implementation of corrective and preventive actions. Allocate and track all actions and ensure close out within designated time frames
- Develop and deliver compliant and value adding HSEQ systems, processes, continuous improvement initiatives and training programs.
The Successful Applicant:
- 3+ years experience in WHS, environment and/or quality management systems
- Experience working in the construction, mining or quarry management sectors
- Experience participating in audit and compliance activities
- Experience conducting incident investigations, including liaison with regulatory agencies
- Tertiary level Work Health and Safety or Environment credentials required
- Qualifications in auditing preferred e.g. Lead Auditor trained
- Demonstrated competence in WHS and Environmental legislation and regulations including Australian standards.
- Excellent communication, consultation and negotiation skills. Well-developed technical report writing skills.
For a confidential discussion please contact Leighton Cantrill or Brittany Nikolich from Safesearch on +61 3 9663 5513. To apply please click the appropriate link and supply your CV in Word format.