Exciting new opportunity to join a government department and make a real impact!
Safesearch is partnering with a government department who are now looking for an experienced WHS advisor to come on board for a 3 -month contract - This role will be based in Canberra.
Reporting directly into the WHS Assistant director you will be responsible for all aspects of Work, Health and Safety across the allocated location. This role will be a combination of both site and office responsibilities - There is a large focus on WHS Systems and Strategies.
- 3 +years' experience in a similar safety role - Local government or community focus experience would be preferred
- Experience assisting to developing and implementing WHS Frameworks across a business - focusing on minimisation of risk
- Strong technical knowledge of the WHS Legislation and WHS management systems
- Ability to working independently and complete Audits / Investigations / reviews / Gap analyst
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a MUST
- Diploma or above in OHS or similar, with ICAM/Lead Audit highly regarded
- MUST - have experience working with indigenous communities
Above all, you will be an enthusiastic, committed and ambitious person looking to grow your career.
- Immediate start
- Competitive hourly rate
- Opportunity to make a real impact
Enquiries are welcome to Nicole Rogalsky on 03 9663 5513. Alternatively, to apply online click on the appropriate link - please supply your CV in Word format.
To be considered for this position you must undergo a police check and have full Australian working rights. Please read the ad carefully to make sure it is right for you!
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1210
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856