Brand new created role for a Work Health and Safety Coordinator to join a growing business. For this role you must have a energetic and engaging approach. Looking for someone who is a strong communicator and willing to learn from a strong WHS support network.
About the organisation:
Our client is an established organisation within the manufacturing sector who have facilities across Australia. They have a reputable brand and a positive culture, and as a result of ongoing business success they are now seeking a WHS Coordinator to join a team of 5. This role will be based in the south-east of Melbourne with multi-site responsibility.
This newly created role is the perfect opportunity for an early career safety professional to expand their skill set and grow within an organisation. The role will primarily be responsible for Victoria but there is opportunity to travel inter-state / NZ to work with other projects and parts of this awesome group.
Whilst this position will be predominately working with the warehousing and distribution teams, it will also get exposure to the corporate side of the business. To be suitable for this role you will need to have previous safety experience within the manufacturing or warehousing & logistics environment.
Reporting to the Group WHS Manager this position will be responsible for providing WHS support, coordination and training to multiple divisions within the business. Sitting in a team of WHS professionals this position will be offered guidance and support.
- Develop and implement local safe work procedures
- Complete monthly inspections
- Complete local risk assessments
- Coordinate and deliver local safety training
- Coordinate monthly safety meeting.
- Administer WHS Management platform
- Assist with injury management / Claim process and RTW planning
To be successful you will bring:
- MUST have a minimum of 2 years in a WHS role within a warehousing / manufacturing or similar environment
- Open minded and engaging personality - must be keen to build good working relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience or exposure to Injury management and RTW
- Ability to develop and document systems and process of work
- Understanding of and ability to research WHS legislation and codes of practice
- Health and Safety Qualifications - Minimum a Cert IV in OHS
- Competitive salary package
- Amazing exposure to a large organisation
- Growth opportunities
- Joining a team of safety professionals
Apply online via clicking on the appropriate link - please supply your CV in Word format. For more information feel free to call me directly on 0455 673 611.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1210
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856