About the organisation
Our client is an established organisation within the health sector who provide services to hospitals and aged care facilities across Australia. They have a reputable brand and a positive culture, and as a result of ongoing business success they are now seeking a Safety and Training officer to provide WHS advice across the western and northern suburbs of Melbourne. The head office for this role can be based out of multiple locations.
At this time, they are seeking a Health and Safety professional with energy and passion to their work and seeking to expand their expertise within Workplace Health and Safety. This role is a perfect opportunity for an early career (with maybe 1 or 2 years experience in a similar role) Safety or similar professional who has worked in a changing environment and health care risk profile.
Reporting to the Group Safety Manager this position will be responsible for providing WHS support, coordination and training to the business. Sitting in a large team of WHS Professional this position will be offered guidance and support.
To be successful you will bring:
- 1 years in a safety role OR exposure to a professional workplace environment ideally within an health care or age care environment
- Open minding and engaging personality - must be keen to build good working relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and document systems and process of work
- Understanding of and ability to research WHS legislation and codes of practice
- Analytic mindset and ability to read and interpret data to draw conclusions and trends
- Health and Safety Qualifications - Either diploma or undergraduate degree
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an early career safety professional to work within and learn from a team of passionate safety/HSE professionals. This role will help set up your career in Workplace Health and Safety!
Apply online via clicking on the appropriate link - please supply your CV in Word format.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1210
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856