Safesearch is partnering with Hop Products Australia to welcome a new WHS Advisor to their thriving team. HPA stands as Australia's premier hop producer, contributing to the vibrant craft beer scene and supporting the agricultural landscape of Victoria. Their commitment to excellence in hop cultivation and production is matched only by their dedication to fostering a safe and inclusive workplace culture.
Perks of the Role
- Flexibility: Enjoy the flexibility of part-time hours (3 days per week) and flexible scheduling.
- Competitive Salary: We offer a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and expertise.
- Relocation Allowance: For eligible candidates, we provide relocation assistance to help you settle into the picturesque surrounds of Myrtleford, VIC.
About the Role
We are seeking a proactive Work Health & Safety Advisor to join the team on a permanent, part-time basis (3 days per week, flexible hours). As a pivotal member of the Safety team, you will champion a safety-first culture, ensuring best practices are implemented and a secure working environment is maintained across farm sites.
- Foster a safety-first culture by supporting employees in managing safety risks and identifying hazards.
- Drive continuous improvement in WHS processes to reduce risk and ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of safety policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conduct risk assessments, safety inspections, audits, and incident investigations.
- Champion the use of our WHS digital platform and provide guidance to users.
- Deliver safety training and inductions and provide guidance to the farm's WHS committee.
- Collate and analyse WHS data, providing reports and identifying trends for remedial action.
- Assist the Return-to-Work Coordinator with workers' compensation and injury management.
- Ensure contractor and visitor WHS compliance through consultation and verification.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of WHS legislation, regulations, and codes, particularly in an agricultural context.
- Familiarity with safety management systems, ideally gained from experience in agricultural, production, manufacturing, or industrial environments.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within diverse teams.
- Experience in delivering WHS education and training.
- Possession of a current driver's license.
You are a confident communicator with an approachable demeanour and a passion for safety. Your positive attitude and ability to take initiative to organise priorities make you an ideal candidate for this role. You thrive on collaborating with employees at all levels to implement positive WHS changes and drive meaningful outcomes.
Join the Team
To apply and take the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and dedicated team, please click 'Apply' to submit your CV. To discuss this fantastic opportunity confidentially, please reach out to Brittany Nikolich at Safesearch on (03) 7000 1213.
*Please note that all third party submissions will be forwarded to Safesearch.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856