About the Client
Our client is a key part of a large scale and complex infrastructure project - one of a number in their current portfolio. This will be a significant project in the history of Melbourne. The project is reaching interesting milestones - with significant amounts of work still to be executed. When I talk to Safety professionals in this space, they can point to significant projects that they worked on - whether road, rail, bridges, tunnels. Instantly recognisable, even years later.
This project will be no different.
About the Role
Located in the Inner suburbs of Melbourne, this role, reporting directly into the Health and Safety Director, will have overarching control over a medium sized team which you will lead to attain excellent Health and Safety culture and outcomes.
This Manager will utilise their communication and influencing skills to navigate client and stakeholder (internal and external) relationships to achieve common goals. As with many similar projects - this project will present some fantastic challenges, both technically and operationally that are unique to this kind of infrastructure works. You will be surrounded by seasoned professionals - that you will partner with and you can learn much from. And you will be able to educate and develop knowledge, mentoring your own team but also the broader operational team.
This safety manager will form part of a safety leadership team and has a team of Advisors that support the broader team and contractors.
About the person
To be successful in this role, this person will be a seasoned Health and Safety professional that has worked in a variety of settings. While you are technically proficient, your best skillset is your ability to build the type of relationships that allow you to get things done in complex settings.
- Experience in Health and Safety leadership in large scale and high risk work environments. While it is highly advantageous to have experience in large scale projects, a suitable person might come from a similar setting in high risk profile work.
- A demonstrated understanding of the Australian regulatory and industrial environment
- Must bring strong leadership experience (8-10 years Health and Safety leadership in similar environments, multi-site is highly advantageous)
- Demonstrable excellent stakeholder management - internal, contractors, unions
- The ability to contribute towards strategy and change, and to work through the team for execution of program and change
- Support delivery team and ensure compliance to the project construction documentation processes;
- Participate in and provide guidance to contractors and stakeholders during onsite safety engagements, inspections, audits and the like
- Lead or oversee incident investigations to determine causes and mitigating and preventative measures
- Relevant WHS/Safety qualification
- Having a good sense of humour wouldn't hurt either
This role also offers a very competitive package and other great benefits for the right individual. You would be able to make a genuine impact to a team and workforce on a change journey, and have significant career opportunities into the future.
For those located in other Australian states relocation assistance is possible.
This is a residential role open to Australian permanent residents or citizens only.
If you are ready to jump in the deep end with this high pace and impact project, please get in contact with Leighton Cantrill on or 0439 516 164 for a confidential conversation.
[Reference No: SS107703]
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1212
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856