- Great career step
- Evolving company culture
- Permanent Contract
About the role:
Safesearch is working exclusively with a world-leading defence, security, transport, and energy company, based in South Australia to find their next Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor.
As a member of the Health & Safety team, the position will provide timely delivery and specialist advice and support to managers and staff within the organisation, across multiple states. The HSE Advisor will work closely with the Managers and team, to achieve and maintain ISO:45001 and ISO:14001 certifications.
Other key aspects of this role will see you:
- Assisting with implementing, reviewing, and continually improving the Health and Safety Systems and strategy to ensure the Company meets its objectives.
- Undertake risk and opportunity assessments and maintain the hazard, impacts and aspect registers.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of internal and external standards, legislation and other HSE improvements.
- Promoting the HSE Management System and training staff in its content and implementation.
- Coordinating and participating in internal and external HSE audits.
To be successful in this role you will have ideally have:
- Knowledge and understanding of IS0 45001 Occupational Health & Safety management system and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems;
- Systematic and the ability to think outside the square and challenge the status-quo
- Experience within a HSE role in the defence domain and/or within an engineering industry is desirable.
- A degree (or similar) in Occupational Health & Safety
- Proven ability to provide concise and practical advice to line managers on HSE issues
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to balance competing demands, prioritise effectively and work to deadlines
Key Selection Criteria:
Essential criteria & attributes include:
- Must possess or be able to obtain NV1 Security Clearance
- 3-5 years' experience in a HSE Advisor role
- A degree in occupational health and safety or related discipline along with subsequent relevant experience
- An in depth knowledge and practical understanding of HSE legislation, compliance codes and strategies
How to apply:
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With a culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join. To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below with your resume in MS Word format.
For a confidential discussion please contact Brittany Nikolich 03 7000 1213 from Safesearch. To apply please click the appropriate link and supply your CV in MS Word format.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856