Our premium Australian owned client is looking for a Health and Safety Consultant to come on board for a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will be the subject matter expert and provide technical advise to all levels of the business. Based in Sydney CBD this role will also require travel to metro locations (1 -2 days per week).
At this time, they are seeking a Health and Safety professional with energy and passion to their work and the ability to build strong working relationships across both operational and corporate stakeholders. This role would be perfect for candidates who prefer to take a hands on safety approach.
You will be advising daily to Leaders and frontline operations on risk profiles, hazard identification, risk assessments, there will be a proactive approach to reviewing how the business approaches Safety and reporting, environmental impact and wellbeing. Reporting into the Safety and Wellbeing Manager this role will complement existing resources who have specialist responsibilities in Injury Management, among others.
- Provide subject matter expertise, coaching and hands-on support across the business
- Deliver safety related training programs
- Incident investigations and risk assessments
- Manage the online hazard and incident reporting database
- Running safety committee meetings
- Implement wellbeing initiatives
- 3 to 4 years in a safety role OR exposure to a professional workplace environment - WHS Retail or similar experience is a MUST!
- Open minding and engaging personality - must be keen to build good working relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and document systems and process of work
- Understanding of and ability to research WHS legislation and codes of practice
- Health and Safety Qualifications - Either diploma or undergraduate degree
- Joining a premium Australian brand
- Learning and development programs
- Parking onsite and free cookies
- Flexible working arrangements and hours
Apply online via the appropriate link - please supply your CV in Word format.
Health Safety & Environment
+61 3 7000 1210
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856