Risk & Safety Manager
- Supportive Team Environment
- Health and Leisure Sector
- Opportunity for Career Progression
About the role:
Safesearch are working exclusively a with fantastic government owned Health and Leisure organisation in Melbourne's West. Due to recent growth and development, they are now seeking a passionate Risk & Safety Manager to lead their team across three sites.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Corporate Services, the Risk & Safety Manager will actively contribute to the achievement of business objectives, organisational culture and provide leadership across all departments.
Key aspects of this role will see you:
- Driving and delivering an exceptional health, safety and risk culture throughout the organisation
- Providing expertise and support to multiple areas of the business
- Lead and manage the research, development, review, implementation and evaluation of a safety management system
- Utilising and maintaining existing Safety and Risk Management Systems
- Ensure that Health and Safety structure, policy and procedures are regularly reviewed and are at "accreditation ready" standard
- Lead the Risk & Safety Team to achieve specific targets and key performance measures
- Research and liaise with relevant industry groups and regulators to ensure the business is undertaking best practice in its health and safety activities
- Identify, monitor, research and respond to health and safety legislation impacts and emerging trends, including COVID-19 protocols
To be successful in this role you will have ideally have:
- Minimum - Certificate IV in Safety
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar, multi-site, high risk Safety Management position
- Extensive knowledge, skill and experience in SafetyMAP, AS/NZS4801 (or equivalent) and safety audits
- Ability to develop health and safety strategies programs and reporting processes
- Demonstrated experience in conducting training needs analysis, design and delivery of training programs
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Current Victorian driver's license
- Risk & Safety management in the following sectors would be considered advantageous: Aquatic, Events/Entertainment, Construction
How to apply:
With a culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, this is a great step to further your career in Safety. To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below with your resume in MS Word format.
For a confidential discussion please contact Brittany Nikolich from safesearch on +61 3 7000 1213. To apply please click the appropriate link and supply your CV in Word format.