Operating across multiple sites, our client is an industry leader in their field, taking pride in their past and drawing on a depth of experience. They strive for excellence, seeking new and environmentally sustainable practices by means of research, innovation, and technology aid.
Focusing on attracting outstanding industry professionals to their business and building strong relationships within the community to identify and nurture future talent. Their commitment to safety, people and community lies at the heart of their values.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of People and Safety, this newly created role will see you responsible for supporting the Safety Team, focusing on Risk, Safety and Compliance.
The purpose of this position is to manage the development, implementation, monitoring and review of their risk strategies and governance programs to eliminate, minimise and/or mitigate safety risk. This position would suit a driven WHS professional that thrives in a position of responsibility with the ability to lead and influence change.
Key aspects of this role will see you:
- Lead the development and implementation of targeted safety programs, projects and initiatives to improve safety outcomes in alignment with business objectives and the Safety Strategy, ensuring compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks
- Workplace risk assessments and reporting, training and site support
- Investigate workplace incidents, assessing HSE and providing solutions
- Develop, implement and maintain safety management system policies, processes and procedures
- Facilitate effective business partnering arrangements in order to drive change and enable the effective implementation, and embedding of safety initiatives across the business
- Oversee the safety incident management process
- Actively monitor and review safety trends and work practices to provide relevant and meaningful data and reporting
The successful candidate will be a proven leader in improving organisational safety and compliance ideally with some experience in change management.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a broad ranging safety role, with a focus on Safety Strategy, systems and compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which includes presentations and report writing. Must also have strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of Federal and State based regulatory and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of project management, operational safety risk management and assurance frameworks
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding with experience in safety and environmental compliance standards
- Be available to occasionally travel interstate and on-site
- Providing expert technical advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders and ensure positive safety outcomes Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Tertiary qualifications in a safety discipline
How to apply:
With a culture of recognition and a sense of family, this is a unique opportunity to join a diverse and dedicated team of industry leaders that not only operate locally across Australia but are locals too, and pride themselves on providing a safe workplace for their people, contractors and communities.
To learn more about this opportunity, please reach out to Michelle Mortimer from Safesearch on 0455 269 498 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below with your resume in MS Word Format.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856